Saturday, February 20, 2010

This week in review

The past week has been great for me.
Chinese New Year with the family, Ang Pau's, a week off work and hobbying.

Best of all, I received my Tyranid Warriors before CNY and got to work on them over the week and into the weekend at Iron Painter*1 :)

They are now about 50% done and looks to be underway for Kindred*2 on the 6th of March 2010.

Finally got my copy of the Tyranid Codex and an impulse purchase of a Trygon/Mawloc form Alvin just because he had an extra one lying around :] The warriors took a long time to finish off cause I had to be picky and customize each and everyone of them, even converting a Lictor into a Warrior Prime (Pictures will be posted on a later date). Also had the chance to use them Back2base-ix (http://www.back2base-ix.com) bases I had lying around. Very fitting I might say. Some of the Legio boys had a chance to see them at Iron Painter and I hope to make them even more awesome come Kindred.

*1: Iron Painter
http://legiomalaysia.blogspot.com/2009/11/iron-painterwhos-coming.html
http://legiomalaysia.blogspot.com/2010/02/iron-painter.html
Legio Malaysia's first painting marathon run by Warmaster Jeff Brooks.
It was an awesome event. I arrived late but managed to get some hobbying done on my Tyranid Warriors. Saw a lot of painting getting done and some. Realized that it wasn't that simple and many barely making the 12th hour dateline.

Iqbal [http://vuel-iqbal.blogspot.com/] won the purity seal and was crowned the champion of Iron Painter with the best army by fellow Legio members. Congratulations bro.

Subhan and Iskazri were the only 2 to achieve the Iron Skull with over 30 minis and 1,000 pts.

Overall it was a great day for Legio Malaysia and it's members. Turnout was great and everyone had fun. Congrats to all participants in the first ever Iron Painter.

*2: Kindred; Warhammer 40,000 Legio Hobby Doubles Tournament: http://adeptusmalaysia.com/kindredtourney/kindredtourneypack.pdf
Legio Malaysia's first tournament run by Khairul and Arzmi. I'm really excited about this and I will get my mini's done for it. It's not much to do and I have 2 weeks to get it done. So it's time to crank it up and get it done.

And yes guys, I'm keeping the blog. Somehow everything is working fine again and I'll revamp this site soon enough, so come back for more updates. CHEERS!

4 comments:

deathkorps said...

Good man- keep blogging! Most of all, get some models painted! ;)

spunkybass said...

dude, nice to see the blog back in action ... pics please ... them models you working on look sweet

Ivan Ng said...

Thanks guys. Pictures will be posted closer to Kindred :) Would like to surprise everyone with my army come Kindred. Thanks again for stopping by. CHEERS!

Lord AK said...

Ya lah.. welcome back :)

I'm looking forward to see the progress of your army. You have a large amount of models, a lot to paint. Do them at your own pace. Slow and steady is good enough, just never stops too long or you'll break the momentum.

See you later.